Product name: Sodium Benzoate
Appearance: White crystalline powder. Boiling Point: 249.3°C at 760 mmHg, Flash Point: 111.4°C. Soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol. Odorless or slight benzoin smell, taste slightly sweet, with convergent taste.
Wuhan port sails
Other name: Ucephan; FEMA Number 3025; Sobenate; Sodium Benzoate (food grade); FEMA No. 3025; Sodium benzoate (TN); Sodium benzoate solution; EPA Pesticide Chemical Code 009103; Benzoate of soda; Benzoic acid, sodium salt; Antimol; Sodium benzoate [USAN:JAN]; Sodium benzoate (JP14/NF); Benzoan sodny [Czech]; Benzoic acid,compounds,sodium salt; Benzoesaeure (na-salz) [German]; Sodium Benzoic acid; Sodium Benzoate – BP98;
- Mainly used as food preservatives, but also used to make drugs, dyes, etc.
- Used in pharmaceutical industry and plant genetic research, also used as dye intermediates, fungicides and preservatives.
- Preservatives; Antimicrobial agents.
- Sodium benzoate is also an important acid food preservative. When used, it is converted to the effective form benzoic acid. See benzoic acid for scope of use and usage. In addition, it can also be used as a preservative of feed.
- The product is used as a food additive (preservative), fungicide in the pharmaceutical industry, mordant in the dye industry, plasticizer in the plastic industry, and also as an intermediate in the organic synthesis of spices.
- Used as a co-solvent for serum bilirubin test, food additive (preservative), fungicide for the pharmaceutical industry, mordant for the dye industry, plasticizer for the plastic industry, and also used as intermediates in the organic synthesis of spices and so on.
Benzoic acid kind of preservative is, its not reacted on the molecular dissociation of dissociation acid strong lipophilicity, easily through the cell membrane, enters the cells, interfere with mold and bacteria such as microbial cell membrane permeability, prevent the membrane on the absorption of amino acids, into benzoic acid molecules within the cell, acidification cells store base, inhibition of the microbial cells of respiratory enzyme activity, Thus play an anticorrosive role.
Benzoic acid is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial reagent, which has a good effect on yeast, mold and some bacteria. It has an inhibitory effect on all kinds of bacteria within the maximum allowable range of use and below pH 4.5.
The purpose of adding food preservatives is to improve food quality, prolong storage life, facilitate processing and preserve nutrition. Benzoic acid and sodium benzoate are allowed and safe as long as they are added in accordance with the range of varieties and usage stipulated by the state.