Other name: 2-Furoylchloride (6CI,7CI,8CI); 2-(Chlorocarbonyl)furan; 2-(Chloroformyl)furan; 2-Furancarboxylic acid chloride; 2-Furanoic acid chloride; Furan-2-carboxylic chloride; Pyromucyl chloride; a-Furoic chloride;
Colorless or light yellow liquid, density: 1.323 g/cm³. Soluble in ether and chloroform, decomposed in water and ethanol. Boiling Point: 170.9 at 760 mmHg. Flash Point: 57.1 °C. Hazard Symbols:CorrosiveC. Risk Codes: 34. Transport Information: UN 3265 8/PG 2
Wuhan port sails
- For organic synthesis.
- It is an important intermediate of ceftiofur, the third generation cephalosporin for animal use.
- It is an intermediate in many organic chemical production.
- It is mainly used in the synthesis of sulfamethoxazole drugs and in the production of insecticides, fungicides and herbicides.
- The effect as acylation agent is better than furoic acid.
- It is also used in the production of new pesticides, such as acarinone, acarinone, and acaoxin.