Other name: Diphenylmethanone; alpha-Oxoditane; alpha-Oxodiphenylmethane; Oxodiphenylmethane; Oxoditane
Molecular Formula: C13H10O
CAS No.: 119-61-9
EINECS No.: 204-337-6
Appearance: white flakes
Purity: 99.5% min
Shiny white prismatic crystals with a sweet taste, smell like a rose, melting point is 47-49 ℃, boiling point is 306 ℃, insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol, ether and chloroform.
- Benzophenone Mainly used for the preparation of vanilla, butter and other flavor，It can be used as a fixative agent.
- Uses for photosensitive resins, coatings and adhesives.
- Benzophenone is an intermediate of UV absorbers, organic pigments, pharmaceuticals, perfume, insecticide . It is used for the production of bicyclic Piperidine Benztropine hydrobromide, diphenhydramine hydrochloride in the pharmaceutical industry . The product itself is a styrene polymerization inhibitor and a perfume fixative. Giving sweet taste to flavors, it is used in many perfumes and soap flavors.
- It is commonly used in soap flavor, used in ultraviolet absorbers, pigments, pharmaceuticals and reagents production, and also is low temperature fast curing agent for fluorine rubber. It serves to manufacturers to package the product in clear glass or plastic.
- Benzophenone is widely employed as a photo initiator in UV-curing applications such as inks, imaging and clear coatings in the printing industry. It acts as a UV blocker to prevent photo-degradation of the packaging polymers or its contents.
- It is light initiator for UV products, pharmaceutical intermediates, fragrances, light stabilizers etc.It is light pigment, medicine, perfume, pesticides intermediates, it can also be used for UV-curable resins, inks and coatings initiator.